Baidu’s (Google of China) subsidiary “Jiasule” accepting BitcoinOctober 16, 2013    By : Chiraag
In what could be one of the biggest impetus to the Bitcoin movement lately, Jiasule, an anti-DDoS (distributed denial of service) and firewall security unit of Baidu is accepting Bitcoins now. It comes closely after one of the most prolific investor of our times Mark Andreessen said Bitcoins is as big as Internet.
Its been a roller coaster ride for the Bitcoin economy with both positive and negative news coming in from all places. The Bitcoins rate/price has also undergone a series of crests and troughs, and is at its 5 month peak now.
- Ecosystems are forming around Bitcoins – BitAngels is an incubator for Bitcoin startups
- Companies such as WordPress, Reddit, OKCupid and Expensify have started accepting Bitcoins as a mode of payment. With one subsidiary of Baidu accepting Bitcoins in a large market like China, it could be a huge win for Bitcoins
- In a surprising move, Germany has legalized trading of Bitcoins
- Newer ways of making/mining Bitcoins are being written about
- More and more startups are coming up around Bitcoins
- Bitcoin is being debated at all levels including TED
- Bitcoin ATMs are coming
- Some very powerful computing machines are being used for Bitoins
- Seizure by Feds of $2.9 Million worth of Bitcoins recently. Mt. Gox, the world’s largest Bitcoin exchange got shut.
- Bitcoin related startups are considered high risk
Even if you leave aside pros and cons, Bitcoin revolution has never looked more promising in the past. t
Latest posts by Chiraag (see all)
- Telr Announces Merger with Innovative Payments to Revolutionize Payment Gateway Industry in MENA Region - September 4, 2014
- Merchant Customer Exchange Unveils CurrentC, Brand of its New Mobile Payment Network - September 4, 2014
- Barclay’s Enables First Remittance Corridor between UK and India through Pingit, $55 Bn to be Remitted via Mobile Phones by 2016 - September 3, 2014